“The heart of man is very much like the sea, it has its storms, it has its tides and in its depths it has its pearls too”
― Vincent van Gogh, The Letters of Vincent van Gogh
Today is International Men’s Day!
Huh! What have we become? Women’s Day garners attention and the Men? Or maybe it is something like this kind of thinking that men will then all walk over us with pride and never acknowledge us? Is it so? Are we so frightened of this imbalance?
They need a day. We can give them a day…..right? Or is that hard to give up?
I am a woman and my whole house is filled with men. Right from 7 year old to 40 year old. Sometimes I pamper them. Sometimes I order them around to work. Today, I gave them a breakfast with a smile instead of ordering them to move their lazy legs. And while they wondered why, I chirped, “Happy International Men’s Day!”
They definitely must have thought that I have woken up from the wrong side of the bed.
The newspapers have scarcely touched upon the fact that today is dedicated to men. As for me I am sitting and reading Khushwant Singh’s ‘Company of Women’.
So what makes me see this day differently? Being in company of men constantly makes me go mad but yes I am glad for they make me realize that sometimes I need to take a long breather and get all my bearings right.
- Men will be men. Get them to open the lids of those stubborn jars. 😀
- They are so chivalrous to other women, you wonder whether they are Dr Jekyll Mr Hide
- You can’t beat them, join them. Tell them to open the fridge and take a beer can and get your vegetables packet on the way back
- Necessity is the mother of taking chances. Like telling them to restore lights and fuses.
- What can’t be cured, must be endured. Like a man confused between his mother’s and wife’s attention.
- They think you know everything and when you do it they think you know nothing.
- There are times when ‘Give me space’ extends to sleeping pattern too. They occupy the whole bed space as if they came from the bear family.
- They know the neighborhood ladies better than you. You should take them up as spies and then appoint another to spy on them.
- They will do one job at a time – don’t expect them to take twenty. They will either ruin it all or run away from it all forever.
- How many men does it take to take out the garbage – One. (Wo-man)
Disclaimer: Not all men are like the way I have pointed out. This is just a fun way of pulling their legs. Men do put up with women and their idiosyncrasies so it’s just fair – today is their day so… well let them just be!